A simple standing quadrcieps stretch.
• standing on one leg hold onto your other ankle, or onto a towel or belt that is looped around your ankle.
• keep your spine neutral (no excessive arch in your lower back).
• gently pull your ankle up bending the knee (pushing hips forward creates a more focused stretch).
• it is important to hold on to something with your other hand if you have difficulty balancing.
• hold stretch for a minimum of 20 seconds.
Note: you may also perform this stretch lying on your side as an alternative.