by Matthew Budd
1. Great results without negative side effects – Unlike drugs and surgical procedures, acupuncture does not have disturbing side effects. In my experience, feeling great is the most commonly reported side effect and has been proven to work for back pain, arthritis and pain reduction.
2. Treatment according to your individual needs – No two people are alike. Thus, you will never be treated as just another case of “X” syndrome. Just because two people experience the same symptom, does not mean that the root cause is the same.
3. Acupuncture practitioners will spend time with you – Most acupuncturists spend anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour with you. This allows acupuncturists to deliver highly personalised patient centred care. You will not feel rushed to try and explain.
4. Finding out it’s not “all in your head” – Many people come in with odd symptoms that don’t make sense in terms of Western diagnosis. Sometimes they’ve been told that nothing can be done with conventional medicine or that the issue must be “all in your head because we can’t find anything on a blood test, MRI, x-ray, CAT scan etc.” Acupuncture often effectively treats syndromes or symptoms that don’t have a clear explanation or treatment protocol with conventional medicine.
5. You don’t have to be sick to come in for treatment – Acupuncture is powerful preventative medicine, so you don’t have to wait for something to go wrong to receive benefits. Acupuncture is best utilized as part of a person’s overall commitment to health and well-being and is most effective when combined with solid nutrition, regular exercise, adequate sleep and rest
6. Acupuncture is just as effective at treating emotional issues – like depression as it is at treating physical symptoms like chronic pain. We see great results treating the person who limps into our office with radiating back pain, and the person who walks in saying, “there’s nothing physically wrong with me, I’m just really stressed out and perpetually unhappy all the time,” also has great results from treatment.
7. Treatment is fun – We spend a lot of time laughing with our patients. Laughter is definitely one of the best medicines to lift the spirit and mobilize the well documented health benefits of being positive. Life sometimes comes with profoundly difficult challenges. Why not be a little light-hearted and share some good laughs along the way?
8. Regular acupuncture treatment helps keep you healthy- so you are less likely to need conventional medicine as often most acupuncture patients report that they feel a greater sense of well-being, get sick less often and are less affected by life’s stressors than they were prior to beginning treatment.
9. It reduces nausea and vomiting – such as post-surgery, post radiation, medication-induced, or from conditions such as dyspepsia or irritable bowel syndrome.
10. One third of the world’s population uses acupuncture as their primary form of health care – Not that we’re recommending that you do something merely because it’s hugely popular, but since roughly 2 Billion people on the planet depend on acupuncture and Chinese medicine to keep them healthy. There might be a good reason for you to consider it too!
For more information or appointments please don’t hesitate to call 01244316660.